- Reducing the workload for authors, researches and employees and therefore reducing administrative costs
- More publications including metadata in their repositories
- Supporting the Green Open Access movement in Germany
How it works
DeepGreen provides a simple delivery of publications into repositories. Publishers deliver publications and their metadata to DeepGreen from where they can be received.
The DeepGreen Prototype provides the following interfaces for receiving meatadata and the full text:
- SWORD2: Notifications are delivered directly from the router (the SWORD-client) to repositories with SWORD deposits
- OAI-PMH: Notifications are provided by the router and can be picked up by the repositories
- Publication Router API: Notifications are provided by the router and can be picked up using REST
On top of the basic transfer functions of the JISC Publications Router, DeepGreen has adapted its functionality to comply with the complexity of the Alliance licenses in Germany.
Publications are assigned to the institutions using indicators that are provided upon registration. These can include the ORCID of researchers, the name of the institutions and the email domain name. To use the SWORD2 interface the institution has to provide their username and password during registration.
How to participate
Please contact us if you would like to find out more.
Please see here for details of the publications router architecture and how to connect to it.